Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is a Sunday re-cap post started by Amanda at On A Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books. It’s a chance to share our love of other blogs. The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and it’s a chance to showcase new books and re-cap your week of blogging. Since I can’t ever make a decision, I’ve bastard-ized my Sunday post to be basically the best of both memes.
Last Week On the Blog
- Monday I shared the new covers to Rhiannon Frater’s Vampire Bride series AND because I just freaking love these books, I decided to give a copy away of one of the books. If you don’t already have one of the books, you might as well try and win one 🙂
- Tuesday I reviewed The Asylum Interviews: Bronx by Jocelynn Drake
- Wednesday’s Waiting On was Kim Harrison’s Ever After because the cover rocks!
- Thursday I shared an excerpt from Ada Adams’ upcoming ReAwakened, the second in her Angel Creek series (me likey!)
I took off Friday and Saturday to work on background stuff on the blog. I was able to get up one of my review pages and get some more plugins turned on. Oh… and you’ll probably see me change a font or two here and there. I’m a total font whore!! I love my fonts…
Two amazing WordPress plug-ins I found were Related Posts Thumbs and Auto Post Thumbnail. I wanted to have related posts at the end of my posts but I was daunted by having to go back into all my posts and adding thumbnails to the posts. That’s where Auto Post Thumbnail comes in and does it, smartly, for you. Yeah, this is probably all common sense for those of you who’ve been on WordPress for a while, but I had started adding thumbnails by hand so it was a major “aha!” and lights shining from Heaven moment for me!
I still need to go back and tighten up my categories and tags.
Around the Blogosphere
- I stumbled on to a Stop E-Piracy post by Cambria Hebert on Karla @ Book Addict‘s blog for a blog hop. I had absolutely no clue how easy it was to get a hold of stolen books – sad, very sad…
- The Pulse app recently went live on the internet. That means that you can track all the blogs you read on your app now on the internet at www.pulse.me. I don’t use the website because I haven’t found the option to make it look just like my app with the articles all lined up sideways. But maybe you’ll like it…
- Did you check out Parajunkee’s “Blogger Secret’s Revealed”? This past week, for her Book Blogging 101 feature, she summarized the results of her recent questionnaire. I answered the questionnaire and it was pretty enlightening to actually take a look at what the heck I was doing in the blogging world. Yep, this is definitely a hobby 🙂
- Another blog calls it quits… someone tell me this is “normal”. Hippies, Beauty and Books…Oh My has decided to hang it up and close up shop. They’ve had enough of negative comments on their blog, among other things. Good grief, people! I thought we were human around here…
- Kat, Archer & Steph from Cuddlebuggery opened up a can whoop-ass on some trolls at Asher @ Paranormal Indulgence’s birthday party. I’d love me a rocket launcher named Tristan ~ mayhem reigns!!!
My Stats This Week
To date I’ve read 51 books. Think I’ll make my goal of 100 by year’s end? Hmmm, school starts soon!
I finished: Incarnation by Emma Cornwall
I started: The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
I bought one book this week, Two Weeks Notice (Revivalist #2) by Rachel Caine. I will always buy whatever Rachel Caine writes 😉
(would you believe I just yesterday scrolled down far enough to find where these stats were? I’m so dumb… often)
what is ever after from kim harrison about ? – Hopefully a lot more Al
katherine “kitty” katt gini koch download – oh no you did not just ask that!
zoey redbird – forgot I had reviewed that graphic novel…
Up Next On the Blog
- Monday is the last day to enter my giveaway for one of the Vampire Bride books from Rhiannon Frater
- Oh, I’m sure I’ll have reviews and there’s bound to be something I’m missing but I’m knee-deep in still getting content on the blog and finishing all the reviews I need to write (UGH!)
How was your week? What books made their new home at your house? Leave your links so I can check them out!