Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is a Sunday re-cap post started by Amanda at On A Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books. It’s a chance to share our love of other blogs. The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and it’s a chance to showcase new books and re-cap your week of blogging. Since I can’t ever make a decision, I’ve bastard-ized my Sunday post to be basically the best of both memes.
Last Week On the Blog
- Wednesday I reviewed My Soul to Keep (Rise of the Fallen #1) by Sean Hayden – this one really surprised me by how much I enjoyed the kick-ass action and sweet love story.
I wasn’t able to do much this week and thus, got further behind in writing my reviews and updating my blog. I started an Advocare 10-day Cleanse and I think I keeled over and died at least 5 times. I had to give up wheat products, sugars, dairy and anything fried. Basically my entire diet. When you cleanse, you end up with a headache at some point when the toxins start to leave. This, along with my sinuses indulging in ragweed season, caused me to have 2 migraines. I get migraines frequently so I have good meds but I still felt like a Mack truck drove over me, backed up and did it again at least two more times.
I’ve officially given up after five days and enjoyed Wendy’s this evening. Hmmmmmm… BACON!
Around the Blogosphere
- Midwestern Book Bloggers is a group of, you guessed it, Midwestern blogs. If you live in a Midwestern state and you haven’t signed up yet, you should definitely check it out by clicking the link! Jacinda @ The Reading Housewives of Indiana and Amanda @ On A Book Bender did an awesome job on the site!!
- Bloggiesta is coming! The dates are September 28th – 30th. Check out There’s A Book’s post about challenge hosts.
- Last Sunday, Rachel @ Fiktshun used her blog Fiktshun’s Ramblings to discuss a very sad article in the NY Times entitled, “The Best Book Reviews Money Can Buy“. This goes beyond an author paying for one positive review. But I think readers of reviews will recognize those people who they can trust to give them an honest review. All the others will fall to the wayside…. hopefully.
- Blogging with Amy is a blog I subscribe to for general blog help and who isn’t in the book blogging world. Amy started a series last week, “How to Start a Blog or a Website“. I always figure, the more opinions/knowledge you have, the better formed your decision will be.
My Stats This Week
I finished: The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
I started: Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies Trilogy #1) by Rhiannon Frater
This week I got a whole bunch of books that will completely bury me until the apocalypse and zombies attack.
Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction, edited by Carrie Ryan
I won this anthology in a Goodreads giveaway and I can’t believe how personalized Carrie Ryan made it for me!! And since I absolutely LOVE anthologies, I couldn’t help myself from starting the first story while standing at kitchen counter… very hard to put down!! Thank you, Ms. Ryan!!!!
Received for Review:
Demon’s Curse (Imnada Brotherhood #1) by Alexa Egan – Thank you Pocket Books! (via Edelweiss)
Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1) by Darynda Jones – Thank you St. Martin’s Press! (via NetGalley)
What people searched for and their search engine said it was at my blog
hangover someecards – I got one, I got the other, but not both together… hmmm, there’s an idea
alice liddell wonderland – Is that even here? Well, guess it is!
Up Next On the Blog
I’ll have cover reveals, reviews and maybe a meme on Wednesday. I’m feeling much better (thank you, junk food!) so I should get more done this week!!
How was your week? What books made their new home at your house? Leave your links so I can check them out!