The Cornerstone Read-Along is hosted by Candace’s Book Blog, Buried in Books, Rainy Day Ramblings and The Flyleaf Review. You can join anytime, just click on the image at the top of this post or go to any of the host’s websites.
CONFESSION TIME: So there I am, at the end of reading week 3’s assigned pages, 75% of the way through the book. You know that part in the book where it gets downright edge-of-the-seat exciting? Well, I just couldn’t stop myself… I kept reading and finished the book that day. Oops. Yep, I suck five ways to Tuesday. But hey, that just proves what a great read this is!!!
SPOILER WARNING: If you’re going to read the book, don’t read my answers!
Week 3 Questions
September 19th- Rainy Day Ramblings– Chapters 11-16, pages 112-194
1. Were you surprised about the revelations of the unique society that Nali now finds herself a part of? Which of the four signs do you identify the most with: Alo, Contego, Addo or Veritas?
The society that Misty has “dreamed up” is absolutely amazing and very original, at least to me. I haven’t read anything yet like it. I guess I’m surprised by how much influence the society has on the world and the “magic” that is performed to convert someone into a Contego.
I’d like to think I could be an Addo and be all wise but I think I’d most likely be Contego. It’s that mama-bear instinct to protect and my need to always be a part of the action that leads me to think that. I could give lots of advice; I’m certainly old enough and have lived long enough. But I think I’d just be annoying 🙂
2. The Reese boys have a unique way of answering their phone. Tell me the funniest or most interesting way you have answered your phone or someone else’s.
There’s the classic, “Bula Vinaka, Beachside” from the old AT&T commercial.
Or you answer, “Yes, I’d like a large pepperoni pizza” and that just completely befuddles the caller. My hubs likes, “moshi moshi” and that always throws off my mom.
3. Do you think Nalena is going to be able to stick with her initial choice of living a Simple Life or do you feel Garrett or the Addo will persuade her to change her mind?
Well, since we made it to through chapter 16, I think it’s safe to say she’s not sticking with the Simple Life, but I never thought she was. She had the wrong reasons for doing so.
4. The Addo does not fit the wise man mold with his sweats and cookie crumbs. What was you first impression of him? Would you go to him for advice?
Heck NO, Addo is not MY wise man! This is my wise man!
5. What do you think of Nalena’s mom’s reaction to the revelation that other Addo are dying? Do you think she is in denial?
I think she is completely in denial! How can you deny bad things are going down and things need to change when hard cold facts about deaths are being presented to you is beyond me!! Evangeline is driving me nuts at this point!! Seriously folks!! I want to throttle her sometimes!!!!
6. What do you think of Nalena’s new guardian angel, Grace? Do you believe in guardian angels? Have you ever had an experience where you felt like someone was looking out for you?
I completely and utterly (or perhaps sadly) believe in guardian angels! I love Grace, too! Boy, did I blow that first week’s question but what an awesome way to bring it all around! And yep, I’ve felt like someone’s watching over me – I can’t be this lucky in life!!!
- September 26th- The Flyleaf Review– Chapters 17-21, pages 195-219