In 8 days, MyParaHangover.com will cease to exist.
After very little time and thought, I’ve decided to kick the old blog name to the curb.
On Wednesday, November 11th, I am officially flipping the switch and changing my blog’s name from My ParaHangover to….
My new url will be addictedtohappilyeverafter.com. If that’s too much for you to type in, you can go with addictedtohea.com and still get to my blog. If you make a mistake and type addictedtohappyeverafter.com, you’ll still get my blog. See what I did there? I bought a bunch of domains that were close to my name so whatever your pleasure, you’ll get ME.
I’ve been blogging for just about four years. I started reading almost exclusively urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Slowly I moved into the young adult genre and romances for both the young and old. New adult came along and I was further lost into the world of romance. My blog name was very quickly becoming obsolete and less and less relevant to the material on my blog. And then there’s the fact that my blog name always sucked.
I still read urban fantasy and paranormal romance today, just not in the amounts that I used to. I can’t give up my favorite authors like Kenyon, Cole, and Briggs. But I’m slightly addicted to romances and the sweet happy endings that come with it. Besides, UF and PNR have happy endings, too.
If you’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of running into my comments out on the blogosphere, you may know that I will bug reviewers to know if a book has a clear happily ever after (aka HEA), has a cliffhanger, or the two main characters just don’t seem to get together at the end (it’s happened!). I muy, muy, muy prefer HEAs over anything else in the world. I’m too old to suffer the other nonsense. Not that I won’t read those others, I just don’t prefer them.
Hence where my new blog name popped up from. It came to me while standing in the bathroom getting ready for the day…
I am literally addicted to happily ever afters!!!
On November 11th, I will have been blogging FOUR years. Yep, that’s right. I’ve been around that long. Who knew? So it’s the perfect time to change, right? Well, yes and no. Turns out that I have events coming up.
So if you see “My ParaHangover” still on events, that’s ME! If you see “Addicted to Happily Ever After”, that’s ME, too.
Eh, what are ya gonna do….
Other than the obvious url address:
- My email address will remain the same: you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. I will be adding firstname.lastname@example.org – as soon as I figure out how 😉
- My Twitter account has been changed as of today 😉 I am now @addictedtohea. Twitter allows you to change your username and keep all your tweets and history. I don’t think you need to change anything to keep following my tweets. I changed it early so no one would grab it – color me paranoid.
- Facebook, Bloglovin’, Pinterest, & Instagram – I haven’t even looked at those yet but I’ll get there…
- Goodreads is under my REAL name so I’m safe there (I’ve been there “forever”).
- The fun stuff – I’m changing my header and colors. When I think of happily ever afters, I think of dreamy colors. So far nothing is set, but I think I’m going with the greens and blues because they remind me of happy, sunny days with new green grass and bright blue skies. I’m a professed font-whore so my fonts aren’t set in stone yet, either.
Since it’ll be my blogoversary, a giveaway seems appropriate. I have a ton of ARCs I’ll never be able to get around to reading. So I’m offering them up for grabs. I’m not sure how I’m going to bundle them but they are mostly older ones. I’ll probably be giving away something else like my favorite Happily Ever After books, too. I really have no idea what I’m doing…
Here are the ARCs and finished copies I’ve pulled out of my collection to give away
Wish me luck next week with the switch over. If you’re interested in doing the same yourself, I’m loosely following Ashley @ Nosegraze’s post “Changing Your Blog Name – What You Need to Know Before Doing It” and instructions on my host’s website. My host is very good with having instructions and tutorials on their website for everything.